How to choose the best leather sewing machine
The market is littered with thousands of different brands and different types of leather sewing machines. When you are a new buyer, it often becomes confusing to decide on which leather sewing machine meets your needs. Factors that can help you choose the best leather sewing machine include;
- Nature of work to be done – nature of work to be done depends mostly on the quantity of production, the type of leather fabric and quality of output.
- Type of machine to be purchased – once nature of work to be done has been established, that is, whether it is heavy duty or light leather work, it is easier to determine the kind of machine to get. For heavy duty leather work you will need a heavy duty machine and for light leather work you will need a light leather work machine.
- Accessories needed and their availability – the most important accessory is the needle, other accessories include the bobbin and threads.
- Price range (budget) – once the type of machine needed and its complementary accessories has been established, the next step is to consider your budget and do research on those brands that are within your budget.
- Brand reputation – there are very many brands in the market, therefore, it is important, for purposes of durability and other quality factors to go for a brand that has a good reputation. However, brand reputation alone is not sufficient guarantee, since, within a given brand there could be defective products which are normally expected due to unforeseeable and unavoidable failure of the manufacturing process. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that your supplier gives you a product warrant.
- Product Warrant – product warrant is the guarantee by the manufacturer and or supplier that the product is fit for usage within a certain given duration of time. If the product fails to meet the expected terms of warrant, then you have a right to demand replacement of defective parts or the product itself.
Having a good knowledge of the different kinds of leather works, different categories of leather sewing machines, some of the best brands in the market and being well equipped with factors to consider when choosing the best leather sewing machine, you would surely not fail to get the best machine.